Find Your Aircraft
Enter a aircraft make and model or a N-Number:
Click here if you would like to browse the aircraft list.
Have any questions?
SpeedBrakes - Info
Benefits of SpeedBrakes™
- Double your aircraft's normal rate of descent without reducing power or using landing gear.
- Maintain engine power and aircraft maneuvering speed without build-up in speed.
- Reduce engine shock cooling.
- Smooth turbulence and quickly slow to turbulent air penetration speeds.
- Deployable at or near Vne for an instantaneous reduction in speed.
- Read what AOPA has to say (pdf)
- Double parasitic drag on the aircraft.
- Decrease lift.
- Minimize asymmetric lift and drag reducing likelihood of entering a spin.
- Increases wing loading and smooths the aircraft response to turbulence.
- Decreases lift allowing for better control in crosswinds and assists with braking.
- Installed wight: (9 lbs.)
- Average descent with SpeedBrakes deployed: (1500-1900 fpm)
- Average installation time: (35-40 hours)
- Electrically actuated (no cables, hydraulics or pulleys).
- Asymmetric deployment protection.
- Power failure protection.
- Environmental protection.
- Lighted on/off switch indicating SpeedBrake deployment.
- SpeedBrakes stow flush with wing skin surface.